Insurance Coverage & Investigation
Disputes over whether specific claims are valid and whether coverage applies lie at the heart of many insurance litigation matters. If you need to investigate an insurance claim or defend an insurance claim denial, your counsel’s depth of experience and relevant knowledge will be pivotal.
Over the past 80 years, the attorneys of Crabbe, Brown & James have engaged in many of the most significant insurance issues tried in Ohio courts, including issues associated with auto liability, fire and casualty, and commercial insurance claims. Our services include:
• Consideration and filing of declaratory judgment actions to establish whether insurance policies and their specific terms apply under the relevant circumstances at hand;
• Interpretation of policy provisions and exclusions, including detailed coverage opinions;
• Negotiation and litigation over scope-of-coverage issues;
• Defense against bad faith allegations that can lead to punitive damage awards;
• Representation of insurance agents accused of errors or omissions, misrepresenting coverage, or other negligence or wrongdoing that exposes them to liability;
• Pre-suit investigations and examinations under oath (EUOs) regarding coverage determinations, including arson and suspected insurance fraud.
Our clients—including leading auto insurance, fire and casualty, and commercial carriers in Ohio— depend on us for the utmost vigor in investigation and analysis. We have litigated extensively over coverage limitations and exclusions, the enforceability of policy provisions, and other disputed issues. Additionally, our renowned appellate practice has taken our lawyers to numerous appellate districts and the Ohio Supreme Court, where we have earned groundbreaking decisions within the realm of insurance coverage and other areas with positive, long-term impacts on our clients.
When your case hinges on the resolution of complex coverage and damage issues, you can rely on our legal team with confidence. We will recognize all that you have on the line and promptly prioritize your case.